Step 1: Get to the Post editor screen. Log in to the website and then click ‘+ new’ and ‘post’ in the header menu.
Step 2: Write your title. If the post is going to contain important information or fixture details, its a good idea to choose something bland to help people find the information, e.g. “National XC Relays – Mansfield – 2 November”. If the post is a race report then you can use a more attention grabbing headline.
Step 3: Make sure you’re in the Visual View. If necessary click the ‘Visual’ tab at the right, above the window for writing your post content. You should see a screen with toolbars as in the picture below.
Step 4: Write your article. In the Visual View you can write posts in exactly the same way as you use a normal word processing package. Write your article in the post content area.
Step 5: Links, Images and documents. Add links or images using the buttons in the toolbar.
To add a link follow these steps:
- Highlight the text that you want to make into a link
- Click the ‘Insert/Edit Link’ button
- In the small window that opens type or paste the URL in the first field
- Type in a title for the link that will be displayed to readers when they put their mouse over the link
- Click ‘Insert’
To add an image or document follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Add media’
- Click “upload files”
- Click “select files” and browse to the picture or document you want to add
- Change the size, alignment, and caption.
- Click ‘Insert’
Step 6: Select a featured image. Select the image which will appear on the front page of the website using the “Featured image” link and adding a picture in the same way as step 5 above. It is important to use a relevant photo if you can.
Step 7: Click ‘Publish’