Thank you for considering Barnet & District Athletic Club!
Junior, senior or veteran, experienced, aspiring or just curious, you will find yourself welcome at Barnet and District Athletic Club.
Non-members are welcome to come along and try a few taster sessions before becoming members to help decide whether the club is right for you. If you do plan to do this then please contact the membership secretary so they can inform the relevant coach.
Benefits of membership include:
- Weekly structured training sessions at Trent Park and New Barnet Leisure Centre open to all. The training sessions can be found on the relevant website page and details are also notified via the BADAC facebook page on a weekly basis.
- The club is affiliated to England Athletics (“EA”) (englandathletics.org) and if you compete for the club during the membership year you will be registered as a competitive athlete at EA.
- The club is also a member of the Association of Road Racing Clubs (“ARRC”) (www.runningclubs.org.uk/).
- Members can benefit from discounts for road race entries organised under both EA and ARRC organisations umbrella and by 3rd parties’ race organisers (eg: Vitality 10k and Great South Run).
- Free entry to inter-club races and events including:
- Cross-country events – Winter Metropolitan League (5 events), Chingford League (7 events) and Summer Midweek Road Race League (5 events)
- Track Events – Southern Athletics League (SAL) (5 events) and Southern Counties Veteran Athletics League (SCVAC) (5 events).
- BADAC flagship events: Fraternity Cup (Men), Sorority Cup (Ladies).
- YA Events – North West London Young Athletes League.
- Various country, intercountry, regional and national events in which the club competes, also several other team events (over 12 events annually).
- Club events including orienteering, biathlon and handicap races and training weekends.
- All members are free to enter for the club places for the London Marathon subject to certain criteria.
- All members can join the BADAC social media pages and are emailed a weekly newsletter.
- Receive a quarterly club magazine to which contributions from members are gladly received.
- In addition we hold a number of social events throughout the year (for example quiz nights and awards evenings).
Have a look around the website to find out more about our activities. You are encouraged to come along and try some training sessions with no obligation to join. New members can be placed with an experienced club member and all abilities are welcome.
Our club kit is available on line at https://www.iprosports.co.uk/club-zone/barnet-district-ac/ and all members who are competing for the club must wear a club vest which can be purchased from the membership secretary at a cost of £15.
We recommend that you email our membership secretary before you apply to join at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019/20 subscriptions: (Due annually from 1st October)
|Adult Members aged 23 to under 60||£70|
|New Members Under 18 (includes club vest)||£70|
|Members Under 23 renewing||£55|
|Adult Members O/60s & unemployed||£55|
|Supporter members (non-training and non-competing)||£15|
|Family membership (2 members)||£120|
|Family membership (3 members)||£170|
|Family membership (4 members)||£220|
In certain circumstances members may be able to pay a reduced rate at the discretion of the Membership Secretary. Adult newcomers who join after 1 April shall pay a reduced amount at the at the discretion of the Membership Secretary, taking in to account the time left in that year.